Saturday, April 11, 2015

Career

I've started to apply to various research jobs around the country. And it's kind of terrifying, but I feel that if I don't take this chance, I may never get the opportunity to move forward with my life. I don't know how I would make it work if I were hired in another state entirely. But I'm not there yet. The point is that I am trying--trying something different. Maybe Pittsburgh isn't the place where the rest of my life is going to happen. In fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't. But I needed to come back and live it in order to know for sure.

But at the moment, this is where I am. I'm here now. And I desperately want to start being here.


1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better and that you find your due measure of peace and synthesis. :)

    Also, I want you to know: When I was in high school, I came out as FTM for four months because I thought that's what I was in totality. During that time, your videos were possibly the only resource that helped things make a little bit more sense. Looking back, I think you became an icon of strength and self-examination when both of these were lacking in my existence. So, after a couple years: Thank you. May you receive all the blessings this world can afford you.

    Also, on another note: You are a compelling writer.

    ReplyDelete