Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sheets

It's the blueness of the sheets that hits me every night when I struggle to let go of the fears that keep me tied to the conscious world. That blueness seems so far away now, like those memories of visiting the ocean--letting it speak to me one last time--before driving back into the wilderness. I'd give anything to be wrapped in that coolness again, smelling all the smells that signal life is somewhere nearby. Instead I face the redness each time I walk into the room and it's like a stop sign flashing in my mind. But stop signs don't last forever. Eventually, you take your foot off the brake. You accelerate. You leave the redness behind.

I sit here idling, dreaming of the day I can see and feel and smell blueness again, once and for all and forever.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought my first-ever set of blue sheets. I have a totally different set of emotions attached to them, and I greatly appreciate your contrast of blueness with redness. Here's to increasing blueness, as soon and as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete