Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Clarification

I've been thinking about this one for a couple of days. I hope it is apparent that many of the things I have posted in the last few days have been written in haste and hysteria, and a great deal of them are inaccurate. Many of them have also been found to be false in light of new information recently received. I will not point-by-point apologize/qualify/clarify. Just know that I do now realize on which points I was in error and the number of people to whom I should be eternally grateful. It is true that those feelings did exist, regardless of their validity, and that is why I will not remove them. However childish those comments were, they remain a part of my past and something that I need to have there in front of me to remind me of my errors and of how far I have come. I suggest that we move forward from this experience in a positive way and leave these negative comments and all the negative feelings that have surrounded this entire situation behind us. Feel free to comment anonymously (or not) if you wish for a more specific note to be made or if you have anything to add.

One more thing...I can't believe people actually read this!

4 comments:

  1. I read this! And I can't help but feel sympathy for you in this time which must be so tough to go through.

    If you find yourself in need of someone to talk with, don't hesitate to send me a message. I'll listen (or read).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, people read this ;-)
    I don't know much about the situation other than what you've posted here, but I do think it wise of you to have gotten out all of your frustration and now move on.
    Likewise, if you ever want the opinion of someone completely uninvolved, you know where to find me.

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only info I have is what I've gathered between here and Facebook. I think I sort of know what's going on, but I still have one question, if that's OK: Are you going to be Pitt Band-ing in any way this season?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm being given the opportunity to audition on cymbals this weekend. I'm fairly confident about that, but if I somehow do not make it, you can be sure that I will still be around, though I don't know in what capacity that would be. I want to help in any way that I can, even if that means carrying water jugs or loading trucks. Hell, I'd still do that even if I make it because I know there are a lot of things that need to be taken care of before/after practices and games.

    ReplyDelete