Monday, February 9, 2009

Fervens

I have once again decided that sleep is for the weak, though I'm sure the strong have better uses for their time, such as studying for rapidly approaching exams. I just took a peppermint bubble bath, using way more liquid than was necessary, as I have always done. (Following directions is also for the weak.) A delightful shock permeated my body as I gingerly lowered my foot into the tub: The water was HOT. Every morning, I wake only to face a torrent of icicles digging into my flesh, a frigid shower that offers not that last little comfort so sought after by those who know what trifles and troubles must soon follow. I landed with a forceful thud/splash combination, just barely keeping dry my borrowed book. Page after page, the water retained its heat, and beads of welcomed sweat strolled through the valleys between my veins to meet their ultimate progenitor in the bath below. My glasses began to fog, and a few droplets found their way into the pages of my novel, and for about an hour or so, I was at peace with my own chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment