Monday, February 9, 2009

Puzzles

I'm trying to sort through all the fragments of my life these days. I keep trying to figure out where all the pieces fit together, so I lay them out on the ground in all these categories, but the same thing happens to me every time. I always find a few that never fit anywhere, and I'm forced to start the process of labeling all over again. I feel like I've been doing that for years, but I'm realizing that maybe all these pieces don't belong to the same puzzle. Maybe there is no puzzle at all. Maybe my life is supposed to be like this, comprised of these individualized fragments, allowed to exist in their own respective rights. And maybe the only task left is to reconcile myself with each one of these pieces. My only problem with that is that I know that it's not going to be as simple as it sounds--that it could take a lifetime to do something like that. Fortunately, that's exactly the amount of time I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment