Monday, November 30, 2009

Random Stuff

I'm in a class right now, and I can't really think of a good reason for updating. I have plenty of things that I need to say, but I also have no idea how to say them now. I might need some quiet time on my own for that. My dad did come to visit this weekend, rather unexpectedly. I was even more surprised by what happened through our conversations. My mom didn't come with him, however. I can't blame her. I know how upset she is. I know how this must be killing her inside. I don't understand it, and I wish I did, but I'm not going to deny how traumatic this must be for her. My dad seems unbelievably calm, and what is most astounding to me is that he actually seems to understand. And he's mostly okay with things, but I'm not sure if I would call that agreement. I think he knows what not accepting this and dealing with it could do. But my mom just wants to avoid things right now. She's going to have to deal with it sooner or later, though. Aren't we all guilty of avoiding our problems, though? I know that I am. But I'm also guilty of going to the opposite extreme a lot of the time. I just want to fix things and get shit done, and sometimes it just takes time. Sometimes you just need to wait. But sometimes I don't get that.
It's getting pretty hot in this room.
Random: I took a quiz today. I did not enjoy that.
I really just want to sleep, but I know that I need to read and study tonight.
I wonder how many people think I'm taking notes in this class. I seem like that good student to some people. Other people think I'm a complete jackoff. I can't say to which of those I am closer, but I am a little bit of both.
My face is breaking out a lot. I know it's only going to get worse. That's one thing that's definitely going to suck. I need to get to a dermatologist ASAP. Speaking of all of this shit, I need to call Persad tomorrow. I'm also expecting a call from my dad tomorrow. Roar. At least I don't have to work for the rest of the semester. That does give me some time, but I need the money. I don't know how I am going to get money for the rest of this time here. This sucks. Maybe I can do some research studies.
So Zoo Crew. I'd love to do it, but doing Elements means I wouldn't be able to make all of the performances for basketball games that they have scheduled. I know I'm not the only one. Maybe if there were weekday games and practices, more of us would be able to do it.
Done for now. Sorry this wasn't that interesting or cohesive.

7 comments:

  1. no reason to be sorry about that!
    Glad things with your dad seem to be going well at the moment.
    Good luck with the workload this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly more than just "a little bit" of both!

    Glad all is going well with your father. Hopefully he'll be able to work on your mother in your day-to-day absence.

    And although I'll agree this wasn't cohesive, it was still interesting. Good luck with all of your finals preparations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ Also, I did not write that comment in November. Settings » Formatting » Time Zone. Seriously, Dylan, it's not that hard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm with Tim! get in the same time zone as the rest of us! the way you do it now makes your 4am posts even more confusing. how can we properly stalk you without knowing *exactly* how late you stayed up writing this crap? =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. additionally, my "i am not a robot" word to leave that last comment was "shots." i love our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and on the second one it was "unmen."

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha our lives are ridiculous. i've said that way too many times for it to even mean anything anymore. but seriously. :)

    pfft time zones. i like the mystery, and if it really ever becomes important to know exactly what time I'm writing things, i'll probably mention it.

    ReplyDelete